Stretching Exercise Guide

Home Forums Beginners Advice and Tips Stretching Exercise Guide

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Predator
    Participant

Stretching Exercises.
    Stretching before your training routine has positive effects on your posture and mobility, and can also reduce the risk of injury. Here is a list of basic stretching exercises.

Upper back stretch.
    From a standing position, grasp a stationary object (such as a pole or exercise machine) with both hands. Bend the knees and sit back so that your arms are fully extended and supporting your weight. Shift your weight to the right to isolate the right portion of your latissimus muscle (side of back). Hold this position for 20 – 30 seconds, and then shift your weight to the left. Complete 1 – 3 repetitions.

Triceps stretch. (back of arm)
    From a standing position, raise your right arm over your head. Bend your elbow so that your right hand is behind your head. With your left hand grasp your right wrist or elbow and pull it back as far as comfortably possible, pointing your right elbow toward the ceiling. Hold this position for 20 -30 seconds then repeat the process with your left arm. Complete 1 – 3 repetitions with each arm.

Chest stretch.
    From a standing position, grasp a stationary object (such as a piece of exercise equipment or a pole) with your right hand. Your arm should be straight and roughly parallel to the ground. Slowly turn away from the object, allowing your arm to go as far behind the body as comfortably possible. Hold this position for 20 – 30 seconds, and then repeat the process with your left arm. Complete 1 – 3 repetitions on each side.

Shoulder stretch.
    From a standing position, Grasp your right wrist or elbow with your left hand. Without turning your body, slowly pull your right arm across your torso as far as comfortably possible. Hold this position for 20 – 30 seconds, and then repeat the process with your left arm. Complete 1 – 3 repetitions with each arm.

Bicep stretch (front or arm).
    From a standing position, extend your right arm forward with your palm facing up. Place your left palm underneath your right elbow. Slowly straighten your right arm as much as comfortably possible, pressing your elbow down into your left hand. Hold this position for 20 – 30 seconds, and then repeat the process with your left arm. Complete 1 – 3 repetitions with each arm.

Glute/Hamstring stretch (backside and back of leg).
    Sit on the floor with your legs straight and slowly bend forward. Allow your hands to travel down along the line of your body as far as comfortably possible. When you feel an intense stretch in your hamstrings, (back of the leg) grab onto your legs and hold this position for 20 – 30 seconds. Complete 1 – 3 repetitions with each leg.

Quadriceps stretch (front of thigh).
    From a standing position, grasp a stationary object (such as a pole or exercise machine) with your right hand. Bend your left knee and bring your left foot toward your backside. Grasp your left ankle or foot with your left hand and slowly lift your foot as high as comfortably possible. Hold this position for 20 – 30 seconds and then repeat on the other leg. Complete 1 – 3 repetitions on each leg

Calf stretch (rear of lower leg).
    From a standing position, grasp a stationary object (such as a piece of exercise equipment or pole) with both hands. Bend your right knee and bring your left leg behind your body as far as possible whilst keeping your feet flat on the floor. Slowly lean forward without lifting your left heel. Hold this position for 20 – 30 seconds then repeat the process for the left leg.

Abdominal stretch (stomach muscles).
    From a standing position, place your hands on your sides and slowly lean back as far as comfortably possible. For added effect and to enhance the stretch on the oblique muscles, (muscles on upper side of waist) lean to your left and then to your right while performing this stretch. Complete 1 – 3 repetitions.

I have belly fats can you please guide me few good stretching exercises for it. I shall be very thankful to you.

kenneth26
    Participant

Hi Umeshsharma723, the best exercise to remove the fats are to just work out properly with the guidelines of the instructor ,You will definitely get benefited by the same.

Predator
    Participant

@umeshsharma723 wrote:

I have belly fats can you please guide me few good stretching exercises for it. I shall be very thankful to you.

Hi umeshsharma723,

You can’t really target belly fat from your exercise but rather from you diet. A clean diet will help burn fat stick to lean meats and plenty of fruit and veg and enough healthy fats.

Your diet should be 40% Protein 40%carbs and 20% fats. Drink plenty of water and green tea is also good for fat loss.

Hope this helps.

Acton
    Participant

Well,I read out all the posts about the stretching exercises.All the exercises are the best for stretch of the body.According to me that yoga and swimming is the best exercises for stretch of the body….

Ricky
    Participant

All stretching exercises are good for body so its a complete guideline for everyone for doing stretching exercises. Yoga is a good exercise for fat burning.

jorge_369
    Participant

There are so many benefits of flexibility, flexibility minimize our risk of injury by allowing joints to move through their full range of motion without putting strain on ligaments. Flexibility allows for good circulation.

Jasson
    Participant

For stretching and flexibility yoga is best exercise i must say. Stretching exercises are always good for body and provide us many health benefits.

jorge_369
    Participant

Hello, For stretching and flexibility do yoga . It is one of the best technique .Do surya Namaskar it will also cover a lot . Apart from this do some basic exercises as a start up then go tio high level

jorge_369
    Participant

All stretching exercises are good for body. Yoga and Surya Namaskar are also good for fat burning

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.